High humidity is one of the worst parts about the summer. That sticky, muggy, hot feeling that comes along with it can become the most uncomfortable aspect of the summer heat. It causes your air conditioner to work harder, and in some spots in the home, particularly the upstairs bedrooms, it can make it unbearable. Luckily, dehumidifiers are better than ever, and can be used to make a dramatic difference in your home comfort.
What is Humidity?
Humidity is the amount of water vapor in the air. When the humidity is high, the air is heavier and thicker and holds onto the heat. In the winter the humidity goes down, and then you should use a humidifier to add moisture to the air. The key is keeping the proper, healthy humidity levels.
What is the Proper Humidity Level?
The ideal humidity level is between 50 and 30 percent If it’s too high it will become too hot, making it very uncomfortable. When the humidity is too high, it also can make it harder to breathe, warps wood, furniture, and instruments in your home, and runs up the air conditioning bill.
Benefits of A Dehumidifier
- Improve Your Home Comfort – The most important takeaway is that your home will be cooler and FAR more comfortable with a dehumidifier.
- Improves Home Health – Dehumidifiers reduce the allergens, the growth of mold, and dust mites. Symptoms like itchy eyes, stuffy nose, and tougher breathing can be relieved with a dehumidifier.
- Protects Home Furnishings – High humidity is harmful to wood, wallpaper, paint, and floors. Regulating the humidity helps keep all of this in tip-top shape.
- Reduces Energy Consumption – Your air conditioning system has to fight against the high humidity, which normally an uphill battle. Using a dehumidifier will alleviate the system from having to work too hard, keeping you more comfortable, and using less money on energy bills!
Signs Your Humidity Is High
You can measure your humidity with an actual tool called a Hygrometer, but there are a few signs you can look for that may mean you could use a dehumidifier…
- You feel hot and sticky inside your home
- Condensation forming on your windows
- Mold or mildew growing in damp spaces
- Musty, dusty smells in your home
Dehumidifier Models From Aprilaire
When it comes to choosing the proper dehumidifier for your Havertown, PA home, we can help you out. There are different sizes and applications to make sure your whole home is taken care of and perfectly comfortable this summer!
If you are looking for any kind of help with your home comfort in Havertown, The Main Line, or Delaware County Area, we can help! Whether it’s the high humidity, too hot in certain rooms, or maybe your energy bills are out of control, we can give you the solution for the problem. Give us a call at (610) 446-7877, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out the form below!