As part of the New Year, a lot of people like to make changes, resolutions, and take steps to improve their lives in 2020. Here are a few things you can do around your home that will help keep you more comfortable this decade than any before!
Add A Humidifier
In the winter, the air becomes VERY DRY. The low humidity leads to…
- Dry skin
- Bloody noses
- Increased illnesses
- Colder Air
- Damage to furniture
People think that humidity is only a bad thing about the summertime, but truthfully, having the proper humidity levels helps your health, comfort, and maintaining your home.
- Softer, less dry skin with proper moisture levels in the air.
- Increased health. Drier air allows for bacteria and airborne pathogens to travel easier. Adding proper moisture to the air reduces this.
- Warmer air, and less work for your heating system. Moisture holds heat better. This is why we try to get rid of it in the summer, but in winter, it’s a welcome comfort!
- Healthier home. Wooden furniture and accessories, wall paint, and other items around your home suffer from low humidity. Having proper humidity levels keeps the things in your home from being affected by changes in the moisture levels.
Whole-Home vs Room Humidifiers
You can use either, but we prefer a whole-home humidifier for a few reasons…
- The whole home is taken care of – This is obvious, but especially for the winter, a whole home being properly humidified is better. This will allow every room to feel comfortable, while also helping your heating system work a little less hard.
- Don’t have to decide what rooms to treat – If you have a room humidifier, you’ll likely put it in the room you spend a lot of time in. If you spend time in other rooms, you’ll need to move it, or get more. It can be less cumbersome to have a whole-home humidifier rather than a bunch of little ones spread throughout your home.
- Don’t use up outlets and space – If you do decide to have a bunch of humidifiers it can take up some space! If you spend time in your kitchen, bedroom, and living room, you’ll need to have 3 different humidifiers, plugged into 3 different outlets, and each humidifier will be taking up space. The whole-home humidifier is the solution here.
- Less maintenance – A whole-home humidifier plugs right into your ventilation system, and that’s it! No moving it around or turning it on or off. This is a very “set it and forget it” type of system.
Installing a Ductless Unit
You may have a room or space in your home that hasn’t been comfortable this winter. Instead of cranking up the heat, a ductless unit may be the PERFECT supplement to fix this problem.
Preparing For Oil Delivery
We have about 3 VERY cold months ahead of us, with a few chilly days and weeks even sprinkled in after that. Luckily if you use heating oil, we have 2 options for you.
- Automatic Oil Deliveries – We will track your oil use and be out to refill you once you start running low. This is great for anyone who doesn’t want to keep track of their oil usage.
- Schedule and Request Delivery – If you prefer to keep track of your oil usage independently, we can be out to fill up your tank whenever you think it’s time. Just call us at (610) 446-7877, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.