You may notice ductless air conditioning systems in a lot of different places around Havertown, PA if you are looking. Restaurants, offices, homes, and many more buildings are using ductless air conditioning and heating to keep their spaces comfortable, and there are a number of reasons why. Ductless isn’t totally new, but it is growing in popularity. For some who install ductless it’s because of the lack of requiring ductwork. For others, it’s increased efficiency.
We wanted to highlight some of these benefits here for you just in case you weren’t aware of how well ductless systems can work to keep your home or business comfortable, and the extra layers of convenience they add.
5 Benefits Of Ductless Air Conditioning And Heating
- Don’t Require Ductwork – Just like the name eludes to, ductless heating and cooling system don’t use a ventilation system. There is a condenser outside, and small tubes are run into the house to get to the units. This is great for homes that don’t have room for ductwork, especially older homes that you don’t want to rip apart.
Ductwork can also become a very expensive proposition if you don’t already have it. Sometimes adding the ductwork is not only a convenience issue, but can also run the price of the job up.
- Extremely Energy Efficient (Save Money On Bills) – Ductless technology prides itself on being extremely energy efficient. With growing concern for the environment, companies are always trying to create new technology that uses less energy and makes less of an impact on the environment.
This ALSO saves you money in energy bills. Traditional systems and older systems tend to spike your energy bills in the winter and summer. Ductless systems are not only efficient, but don’t have to heat or cool the ENTIRE home if you aren’t using certain rooms. This leads to lower energy bills for YEARS to come.
- Zoned Cooling And Heating – Ductless units work independently of each other. This means that if one is on in the kitchen, the units in the bedrooms don’t have to be on. A traditional system usually doesn’t offer this option. If you want to heat or cool your home with a central system, the whole home is the same temperature, no matter what rooms you are or are not using.
Zoned heating and cooling allows for different temperatures in different rooms. If you want your living room at 67 degrees, but someone in the kitchen likes it at 70, both can have their way as long as each room has a unit. Not only does this save energy because you aren’t cooling rooms that aren’t being used, but it’s also a huge help when it comes to people disagreeing on temperatures. You can put that thermostat fight to rest once and for all!
- Very Quiet – Traditional systems and window units are noisy. They kick on and off, and it can become frustrating, especially while you are trying to sleep or watching tv. Ductless units are whisper quiet, leaving you feeling comfortable without all the extra noise. This may not seem like a huge issue, but if you install a window unit and leave it on, we guarantee you will be talking louder and turning that TV volume up!
- Perfect Supplement – Sometimes your current system is fine, but it may not comfort a particular room or floor. Or maybe you’ve put an addition on your home you’d like heated and cooled. We helped this Llanerch, PA homeowner fix their bedrooms with ductless heating and cooling. They were too hot in the summer, and too cold in the winter. This system allowed them to keep the whole home comfortable, without having to use ductless everywhere.
The point is, you don’t always have to completely replace your old system. Sometimes adding a ductless unit to a problem area can keep your space comfortable, take the stress off your current system, and lower your energy bills, because your original system isn’t working overtime to compensate.
Heat Pump Mini Split Installation In Haverford, PA
John Cipollone, Inc. is the local expert when it comes to heat pump mini split systems in Haverford, PA and across the Main Line. We’re certified to with Mitsubishi, Carrier, and all other major high-efficiency HVAC brands. We’ll help you build the perfect customized system for your home’s needs.