We’ve seen some really hot weather this summer, and even if your AC has been operating well, there are a few things you can do to help it out. These tips are meant to help you save energy, ease the job your air conditioner has to do, and also keep your home more comfortable.
If you are having trouble with your AC system, you should give us a call at (610) 446-7877, or click here to contact us online.
5 Tips For Your AC…
- Schedule Regular Maintenance – Over the course of the summer, your system can lose efficiency, especially if you haven’t had service this season. A regular service will make sure your system runs smoothly, even in the hottest weather.
- Don’t Set Back Your Thermostat – During extreme heat waves, it is easier for a system to maintain the temperature. That’s why we suggest keeping your thermostat set at a constant temperature. Any set-back scheduling will actually cost you energy, and should be eliminated during this heat.
- Keep Your Vents Clear – You may have furniture blocking a vent, or maybe a vent was closed in a room you don’t realize. Check your vents, vacuum them, and make sure they are free to distribute air. When a vent is blocked, that whole space is cut off from AC.
- Change Your Air Filter – Changing your air filter will help improve indoor air quality, and will also allow air to flow easier from your AC system throughout your home. If your air filter is clogged, it will prevent the AC system from distributing air. Changing your filter every 3 months is recommended.
- Keep The Sun Out – We’re not saying never let a little sunlight in, but keeping the sun out keeps your home cooler. Especially in rooms you aren’t using, like bedrooms. Keep the sun out using your blinds and make your home a few degrees cooler!
Avoid Using Appliances During The Day
One other little bonus tip is to avoid using appliances during the day. Dishwashers, ovens, laundry dryers, and washers all give off heat when you use them. If you can wait until the nighttime to run these, try to. Depending on the layout of your home, it may not be a big deal to run one, but in certain homes, it can make several rooms uncomfortable, while also forcing your AC to work harder.
Cooking on the grill outside is a good way to take the heat out of the kitchen. Cooking is usually what creates the most heat in your home, and using an oven or a stove leaves lingering heat after you use it.
Are You Having Trouble With Your AC?
If you are experiencing any problems with your AC system, give us a call at (610) 446-7877, or click here to contact us online. We still have at least a few months left of AC season, and we want you to be comfortable. If there is any way we can help, just let us know.